Deadline to apply April 18
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (March 15, 2016) — Sullivan University College of Pharmacy will be holding its inaugural Pharmacy Camp for high school students in the classes of 2016, 2017 and 2018 who are interested in pursuing a career in pharmacy. The deadline to apply is April 18.
Students, who will stay on campus at Sullivan University, will experience the world of pharmacy and college firsthand through classroom and lab activities.
“The Pharmacy Camp will enable students to experience the true reality, excitement and opportunities of attending college and pursuing a career in pharmacy,” said Dr. Cindy Stowe, dean of the Sullivan University College of Pharmacy. “The students will learn about the many careers related to pharmacy, visit classrooms and labs, attend classes led by our nationally recognized faculty, stay in college dorms and learn more about life in Louisville. It will be a tremendous experience.”
- Tours of the cutting-edge Sullivan University College of Pharmacy, which includes two mock pharmacies, research labs and the only academic drug information center in Kentucky
- Hands-on activities in the Compounding Laboratory
- Interacting with faculty and staff
- Field trips to well-known community and institutional pharmacies where many Sullivan College of Pharmacy students complete pharmacy practice experience rotations and post-graduate residences
- Learning about the 28 different career paths students can take with a PharmD degree
- Understanding the pharmacy school admissions process
- A special Recognition Ceremony on the final day of camp