LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 9, 2018) – Greater Louisville Inc. spent Tuesday evening celebrating the best local small businesses with more than 300 guests during the 18th annual Inc.credible Awards, presented by Citizens Union Bank, at the Kentucky Center for the Arts. This year’s award winners are:
2018 Small Business of the Year – Presented By FocalPoint Business Coaching of Kentucky
- Solid Light, LLC designs and builds visitor experiences that engage, enlighten, and inspire. From initial concept through final installation, their talents team of designers, writers, filmmakers, architects, fabrication specialist, and project manager create innovative solutions to fit any project.
2018 Very Small Business of the Year
- WordsFresh is the only writing agency in the Louisville region and one of the few offering writing services in the United States. This business helps other businesses and organizations persuade, inspire and educate audiences – from marketing campaigns to technical reports to internal communications.
2018 Inc.credible Small Business Leader of the Year – Presented by Insuramax
- Tendai Charasika is the CEO of SuperFanU, a fan loyalty and engagement platform for colleges and universities allowing them to engage and communicate with their fan base. Since becoming CEO in 2014, he oversaw the 1000%+ growth in both clients and employees. SuperFanU is now a $1million-plus revenue generating company with hundreds of clients across the world and 23 full-time employees.
Inclusion & Diversity Award
- El Kentubano is a free monthly publication for the local Hispanic Community of Louisville, KY. Over the past nine years, the publication has become the voice of the Cuban Community of Kentucky, and it is an obligation reference for the whole Hispanic Community of the Louisville Metro Area.
Health & Wellness Award – Presented by Humana
- Milk & Baby provides clothing for new moms so that they can feel strong, empowered, and self-confident. They strive to provide them with superior customer service, as new motherhood is a tough time. Milk & Baby built their business around encouraging breastfeeding, which is a public health issue.
Innovation Business Award – Presented by Middleton Reutlinger
- Switcher, Inc. focuses on mobility, usability and interactivity and is uniquely positioned to be the go-to solution for creating social video when businesses want to do more using the devices they already have. Switcher has a global footprint with customers in more than 115 countries and 2000+ subscribers.
2018 Non-Profit of the Year – Presented By Ladyfingers
- Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center serving two of the poorest communities in Louisville. The center seeks to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare in the Shawnee and Chickasaw neighborhoods by empowering residents in the community.
People’s Choice Award
- Oasis Solutions serves businesses throughout North America with software consulting, development, training, and support. Oasis Solutions’s team of talented software consultants provide clinets with over 250 years of combined experience
More than 1,300 people voted for this year’s People’s Choice Award online. All 26 Inc.credible Awards finalist companies were eligible for the award.