HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. (May 31, 2018) – Northern Kentucky University’s Center for Integrative Natural Science and Mathematics (CINSAM) will immerse students in STEM education during its summer camps in June and July.
CINSAM’s Ashland Summer Program is split into two age groups, summer camps for kindergarten through eighth grade and summer academies for high school students. Fees remain low thanks to a sponsorship from Ashland. Parents also have the option to apply for a scholarship on the registration form.
“NKU is proud to be a leader in STEM education for our region. Our Ashland Summer Program allows any student to learn about and participate in STEM in a fun, dynamic way. The camps have a long history of challenging young people to think critically about the world around them and to build on their experiences by pursuing college and career pathways in STEM.” Dr. Madhura Kulkarni, CINSAM director. “We are thankful for Ashland’s sponsorship and their passion for developing our future leaders in the STEM disciplines.”
CINSAM collaborates across NKU colleges to cover a range of STEM subjects in the camps from Lego Robots to rocket-building. Academies offer students the chance to work in the College of Informatics’ cutting edge Cybersecurity lab and isolating chemical compounds in chemistry laboratories to solve forensic mysteries. Camps and academies are taught by NKU faculty and staff.
2018 Summer Camps
- Astronomy Camp, June 18-22
- Super STEM Explorers, June 25-29
- Science Superstars Camp, June 25-29
- Lego EV3 Robots Animal Allies, June 25-29
- Rock-it with Rockets!, July 16-20
2018 Summer Academies
- Engineering & Technology: Design and Build Academy, June 18-22
- Chemistry Academy: Chemical Synthesis and Reactions in Pharmaceuticals, June 25-29
- Computer Science Academy: Cracking the Code, June 25-29
- Mathematics & Statistics Academy: Breaking Down the Numbers: July 9-13
Visit the CINSAM Summer Camp website for more information and to register.