MOREHEAD, Ky. — The Morehead State University Elmer R. Smith College of Business and Technology is hosting a campus-wide business pitch competition on Tuesday, Oct. 2, at 5:30 p.m. at the Innovation Launchpad on Main Street.
The competition is open to all Morehead State students who are interested in developing a new product and/or business as an entrepreneur. Each year, students from MSU compete in regional and state-wide competitions for business models and plans that would provide funds to assist in opening the proposed businesses.
Students interested in the competition can pick up an application at 214 Combs Building. All applications are due Sept. 28 in room 214 Combs prior to 4 p.m.
Those who wish to compete should be prepared to:
- State a problem that needs to be solved and how their business/product will solve it
- Identify the intended customer and potential competition
- Outline what gives their business/product a competitive advantage over similar businesses/products
- Discuss the viability of their business/product and its potential for success
- Describe how their business/product is innovative
- Explain the potential for profit and how they would gain investor interest
Be prepared for a five-minute question and answer session at the end of their presentation.
For more information, contact Janet Ratliff at [email protected] or 606-783-2390.
For information about programs in the Elmer R. Smith College of Business and Technology, visit www.moreheadstate.edu/cbt.