FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky Boards and Commissions:
Ronald L. Brunty and Joseph Platt Sisk have been appointed as members of the Agriculture Water Quality Authority.
- Ronald L. Brunty, of Letcher, is a college counselor. He will represent environmental organizations and serve for a term expiring Oct. 1, 2022; and
- Joseph Platt Sisk, of Hopkinsville, is a farmer. He will represent large agriculture operations and serve for a term expiring Oct. 1, 2022.
The Agriculture Water Quality Authority is a multi-discipline peer group that evaluates, develops and improves best-management practices in conservation plans, compliance planes and forest stewardship management plans. The Authority also establishes statewide and regional agriculture water quality plans and promotes soil and water conservation activities that protect waters of the Commonwealth from the adverse impacts of agriculture operations within the Commonwealth.
Johnathan Talmadge Curry has been appointed as a member of the Advisory Council on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Johnathan Talmadge Curry, of Frankfort, is the executive director of the Office of Autism. He will represent the Office of Autism and serve for a term expiring Oct. 15, 2021.
The Advisory Council on Autism Spectrum Disorder promotes collaborative efforts and advocates to improve systems of support for individuals with autism spectrum disorders and their families across Kentucky.
Price Headley Bell Jr. has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Horse Park Commission.
- Price Headley Bell Jr., of Lexington, is a bloodstock consultant. He will serve for a term expiring May 24, 2019.
The Kentucky Horse Park Commission is comprised of 15 gubernatorial appointees. The Kentucky Horse Park Commission provides broad management expertise and direction in the operation of the Kentucky Horse Park as well as represents the diverse interests of the Kentucky horse industry.
Timothy Densler has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Funding commission.
- Timothy Densler, of Louisville, is the chief financial officer of Walker Mechanical Contractors, Inc. He will represent labor and serve for a term expiring Nov. 18, 2020.
The Kentucky Worker’s Compensation Board is composed of three members appointed by the Governor from lists of three names for each vacancy submitted by the Workers’ Compensation Nominating Commission. The Board rules on appeals of decisions rendered by administrative law judges under workers’ compensation.
Shauna Messer has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy.
- Shauna Messer, of London, is a clinical specialist. She will represent licensed occupational therapy assistants and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2021.
The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy (KBLOT) examines and licenses all eligible candidates for entry into the profession of occupational therapy.
Justin Biliter and Sheri Uhlenbruch have been appointed as members of the Kentucky Geological Survey Advisory Board.
- Justin Biliter, of Nicholasville, is a geologist. He will serve for a term expiring Sept. 1, 2021; and
- Sheri Uhlenbruch, of Lexington, is an environmental science consultant. She will serve for a term expiring Sept. 1, 2021.
The Kentucky Geological Survey Advisory Board is charged with increasing the knowledge and understanding of the mineral, energy, and water resources, geologic hazards, and geology of Kentucky for the benefit of the Commonwealth and nation. The Board also conducts research, collects data, and serves as the State’s official archive for data on petroleum, coal, minerals, ground water, and topographic and geologic maps.
Lynn Bradley Watson and Dion Coldiron have been appointed as members of the Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Pedorthics.
- Lynn Bradley Watson, of Bowling Green, is an orthotist/prosthetist. He will represent licensed Orthotists and Prosthetists and serve for a term expiring July 1, 2019; and
- Dion Coldiron, of Richmond, is the owner of Coldiron Trucking, Inc. He will represent consumers and serve for a term expiring July 1, 2020.
The Kentucky Board of Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Pedorthics regulates and controls the licensing and conduct of prosthetics, orthotics and pedorthics.