LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Louisville Independent Business Alliance will host its first-ever LIBA Member Summit on Wednesday, Nov. 14th from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at The Blankenbaker, 2713 Blankerbaker Road. LIBA is made up of over 900 members, and the summit is designed to connect them in a deeper way than a simple networking event. Ranging from basic business practices to a rousing game of “Family Feud, LIBA Style”, the Summit will allow attendees to create community while building their business.
“Our members always amaze me with their willingness to be helpful to their fellow independent businesses. This Summit gives everyone a chance to connect on a much deeper level, learn some practical business practices, while we also build up the Buy Local movement overall, which benefits everyone in the city,” says Jennifer Rubenstein, executive director of LIBA. “Studies have shown that more money recirculates when spent at a local business, and these businesses also make up our community character and sense of place.”
The agenda for the day is below.
- 11 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Opening and Intros
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – “Nuts & Bolts” Breakout Sessions: Harness the Power of B2B Social Selling, Social Media Branding & DIY Video Tips, Professional Writing: Press Releases, Blogs & More, Client Retention Best Practices, Don’t Avoid It: Your Financials
- 11:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Break (with an optional Tai Chi exercise)
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Lunch and Keynote Speaker: Doing Good = Good Business from Scott Koloms of Facilities Management Services, the first B Corp in Kentucky. He is also a co-founder of Canopy, a non profit established to help Kentucky businesses get a certification for having the ‘triple bottom line’ of social, environmental and financial impact.
- 1 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. – Break (with an optional Mindfulness exercise)
- 1:15 p.m. – 2 p.m. – From Member to Buy Local Advocate: a panel, then open discussion.
- 2 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. – Break (with an optional Breath Work exercise)
- 2:15 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Movement Building Breakout Sessions:
- Building The Buy Local Message Into Your Marketing
- Engaging Your Staff In The Buy Local Movement
- Ways To Engage With Your Elected Officials
- Diversifying The Buy Local Movement
- 3 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Repeat of “Nuts & Bolts” Breakout Sessions:
- 3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Break (with an optional Breath Work exercise)
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Family Feud: LIBA style. (Friendly competition. Survey done with our members in advance for the ‘survey says’. Questions like: Name a founding member of LIBA. Name a local florist. Popular place to put keep Louisville weird stickers. Etc.)
- 4:15 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Happy Hour and open time, plus Small Business Saturday materials pickups (open to all LIBA members, even if unticketed for Summit)
The event is sponsored by Louisville Forward, DMLO CPAs, Republic Bank, ELM Catering, Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, Total Office Products & Service, Louisville Salt Cave, IgLou Internet Services and 1 Source HCMS.