ERLANGER, Ky. — The U.S. Department of Transportation released its average airfare ranking report for fourth quarter 2018, and the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) once again has the lowest airfares in the region. Among the top 100 U.S. domestic airports, CVG ranked no. 78. The CVG average fare of $334 is seven percent lower than the national average of $359.
Below is a summary of the CVG report:
- CVG average fare ($334) ranked no. 78 in Q4 2018, which was an improvement of two spots from no. 76 in Q4 2017.
- Regional comparisons:
- CVG ranked no. 78 – average fare $334
- Columbus (CMH) ranked no. 54 – average fare $355
- Indianapolis (IND) ranked no. 49 – average fare $361
- Louisville (SDF) ranked no. 41 – average fare $374
- Dayton (DAY) ranked no. 10 – average fare $425
- Lexington (LEX) ranked no. 5 – average fare $436
In March 2019, CVG set a new all-time monthly record for local passengers with a total of 375,987, a 10.3 percent increase year-over-year.