LEXINGTON, Ky. — Transylvania University Board of Trustees Chairman William T. Young Jr. announced today a 17-member search committee for the 26th president of Kentucky’s oldest university.
The search committee is comprised of members of the Board of Trustees and representatives from the school community, including faculty, staff, students and alumni. Glen Bagby, a Board of Trustees member and 1966 Transylvania alumnus, will serve as chair.
“Our committee has a breadth of expertise and experience, as well as a personal investment in ensuring the success of this presidential search,” said Young. “Under the leadership of Glen Bagby as chair of the search committee, I am confident we will find a candidate who embodies the innovative spirit of our University.”
The Transylvania presidential search committee includes:
- Glen Bagby ʼ66, partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Mindy Barfield ʼ85, partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- George Branch, retired attorney
- Karen Caldwell ʼ77, chief U.S. District judge, Eastern District of Kentucky
- Aris Candris ʼ73, former president and CEO, Westinghouse Electric Company
- Buddy Cowgill ʼ65, owner, Cowgill Properties Inc.
- Luther Deaton, chairman, president and CEO of Central Bank
- Mike Finley ʼ90, co-founder, AnswerRocket
- Chris Young, executive vice president, W.T. Young LLC
- William T. Young Jr., ex officio member, chairman, W.T. Young LLC
- Dr. John Williams Jr. ʼ74, ex officio member, interim president, Transylvania University
- Jamie Day, professor of physics
- Veronica Dean-Thacker, professor of Spanish
- Carol Devine ʼ89, Alumni Board president
- Jordan Hancock ʼ20, Student Government Association president
- Marc A. Mathews ʼ80, vice president for finance and business
- Tiffany Wheeler ʼ90, associate professor of education
Beginning later this month, the committee will select an executive search firm to assist with the comprehensive national recruitment. A request for proposals has been submitted to five national firms.