Bardstown Bourbon Company, the award-winning modern whiskey distillery, will test five regional winners from across the country to determine whose bourbon palate is superior at the World’s Top Whiskey Taster Finale in Bardstown, Kentucky, the “Bourbon Capital of the World” and hometown of the Bardstown Bourbon Company on Saturday, December 11, 2021, at 6 p.m.
The World’s Top Whiskey Taster competition flips the traditional alcohol competition on its head. Instead of challenging mixologists to create interesting cocktails, Bardstown challenges competitors, chosen from an open casting call, to identify various whiskeys by their distinct traits in a blind taste test.
The winner of the competition will not only win the title of “World’s Top Whiskey Taster,” but also a $20,000 cash prize, a full scholarship to Moonshine University and the opportunity to make their own bourbon blend.
Winners will be judged by a panel of bourbon experts, including:
- Peggy Noe Stevens – First female Master Taster, Entrepreneur and Author
- Fred Minnick – TV Show Host, Editor, Curator and Author
- Colin Blake – Creator and Managing Director of Stave & Thief Society
- Steve Nalley – Master Distiller, Bardstown Bourbon Company & Bourbon Hall of Fame Member
- Matt Porter – 2020 World’s Top Whiskey Taster Champion
Meet our Finalists:
- Ben Ward – Manhatten, New York, NY
- Michael James Outcalt – Denver, CO
- Michelle Hagen – Cincinnati, OH
- George LaBoda – Los Angeles, CA
- Jake Lewellen – Louisville, KY
This event is open to the public, however, tickets are required. All ticket proceeds will be donated to the USBG National Charity Foundation whose mission is to advance the lifelong stability and wellbeing of service industry professionals. Click here for tickets.
Bourbon fans can also watch the competition via live stream on Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Instagram and/or YouTube pages.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).