LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Kentucky Science Center recently named several new members to its Young Professionals Advisory Board. The Board was created in 2022 to bolster the Kentucky Science Center’s mission of encouraging people of all ages to Do Science in engaging, educational, and entertaining ways that inspire a lifetime of learning.
The Board will work to accomplish this mission by implementing and marketing innovative Kentucky Science Center programming designed for an adult audience, with a goal of making Kentucky Science Center a consistent asset for young professionals working within the field of science and beyond.
The current slate of Kentucky Science Center Young Professional Advisory Board members include:
- Kyle Miller (Chair) – Dentons Bingham Greenebaum
- Sara Nelson (Vice-Chair) – Humana
- Amanda Barnett – Yew Dell Botanical Gardens
- Cassie Blausey – Leadership for Educational Equity
- Elizabeth Cooley – Presentation Academy
- Steven Cull – Purestone Financial Services
- Nicole Hayden – Friends of Nicole 50/50 Mentoring Collaborative
- Amelia Hensley – GE Appliances, a Haier Company
- Autumn Kidd – University of Louisville Health
- Tom Lucas, PhD – Purdue Polytechnic Institute
- Clint Mattingly – Calhoun Construction Services, Inc.
- Tara McGuire – Papa John’s International
- Marcus Niemann – Four Roses Distillery
- Lindsey Smith – Simmons College of Kentucky
Young Professional Advisory Board members are under 40 years old and were chosen from the local community to serve a 2-year term. Board members commit to producing diverse, inclusive, and equitable adult programming that benefits both the community and the organization.
Kentucky Science Center CEO Mike Norman is excited by the energy and commitment these new Young Professional Advisory Board members bring to their role. “At Kentucky Science Center, we’re serious about our commitment to lifelong learning, and our Young Professionals Advisory Board members will be integral to that commitment in the months and years ahead. We’ve already begun to activate these new Advisory Board members, and I can’t wait to share their work with the community at our next adult science event.”
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.