CHARLOTTE, N.C. and SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – BKD accounting and advisory with 62 CPAs in Louisville and Bowling Green, has merged with DHG and become FORVIS, now among the nation’s Top 10 professional services firms, offering comprehensive assurance, tax, advisory and wealth management services.
“Today is a monumental day as BKD and DHG officially join forces and become FORVIS,” said Tom Watson, FORVIS CEO and former CEO of BKD. “This firm will be truly committed to the meaningful growth of our employees’ careers and ultimate success of our clients. Together, our combined teams will be significantly stronger, empowered by an enhanced focus on the future.”
The FORVIS name represents the forward vision of the more than 5,400 partners and team members who have come together, forming a firm with a combined $1.4 billion in revenue with offices across the United States and internationally. The firm will be ranked among the Top 10 nationally by Fiscal Year 2021 revenue and will be poised for further growth as it focuses on offering expanded advisory services and highly specialized industry intelligence that supplement the firm’s tax and assurance services.
“We’ve always believed there’s a real opportunity for a different kind of professional services firm on the national stage—one that is defined by a high-touch approach to the client experience but is backed by robust resources that fuel a commitment to innovation and problem solving,” said Matt Snow, FORVIS chair and former CEO of DHG.
Snow said the FORVIS team will be laser focused on maintaining the high Net Promoter® Scores that characterized both legacy firms’ client-centered cultures. One key to doing so will be ensuring FORVIS teams remain nimble as they respond to client needs and market changes.
“At every step of our integration process, we’re asking ourselves two questions: ‘Will this drive client service?’ and ‘Will this enable us to maintain our nimbleness?’,” Watson said. “We believe if we can do those two things, then we will be able to truly succeed and differentiate ourselves from the rest of the Top 10.”
Expansion into new geographic markets, finding even more ways to serve client’s global needs, launching new service offerings and innovative solutions for clients, and creating a highly attractive employee value proposition are also high priorities. The results in each area will be driven by a commitment to being bold and embracing change. Snow points to the decision to create an entirely new name for the new firm as just the first example.
“No other firm in the Top 20 has done that,” said Snow. “With each step we take, we will strive to stand out in this profession.”
Local Leadership Changes Announced
As integrated operations begin, the firm has announced key leadership changes at the market level, demonstrating its commitment to unmatched client experiences by ensuring real-time resources are delivered quickly and effectively. These markets include Atlanta, Nashville, Tenn., Jacksonville, Fla., Winston-Salem, N.C., Fort Worth, Texas, and more.
FORVIS is built upon the strong legacies of BKD and DHG, which is reflected in a name comprised from partner initials that represents our unique focus on preparing our clients for what is next. With more than 5,400 dedicated professionals who serve clients in all 50 states, as well as across the globe, FORVIS offers comprehensive assurance, tax, advisory and wealth management services. Visit FORVIS.com for additional information.
Merger impact for Kentucky
What (aside from the name) has changed since the merger?
- We believe the biggest changes will come in the form of new opportunities for our people and new benefits for clients. Our clients will gain access to an even deeper bench of industry expertise thanks to our expanded national footprint. Our people will have greater career opportunities and mobility as part of a Top 10, national firm. It’s also important to note what will not change. Even though we will be serving clients under a new name, our commitment to exceeding client expectations and providing exceptional value will remain the same, as will our dedication to our people and communities in which we live and work, including Louisville, Bowling Green, and the greater Cincinnati and Evansville areas
What’s the meaning behind FORVIS?
- The name FORVIS – a combination of the words forward and vision – not only reflects the unique heritage of each firm but also the way the combined firm will operate moving forward, anticipating what’s ahead so that our clients are ready to thrive when new challenges or opportunities arrive. The decision to choose an entirely new name was a bold move in and of itself, and it truly reflects the bold vision we have for the firm and how we’ll serve clients.
How has the new name/branding been received by staffers? Clients?
- The overwhelming response has been positive. The name FORVIS perfectly describes the vision of the new firm. Our staff and clients really appreciated hearing the story about how we arrived at the new name, tying it to both firms’ legacies and also to our future as a new, combined firm.
Does FORVIS anticipate growth here? If so, in what ways?
- The merger positions FORVIS to grow in the market and grow with our clients. It means greater career opportunities for our people by offering a best-in-class employee experience with new career paths and greater career mobility. Businesses and clients growth capacity will increase as we help them meet their needs and goals and, ultimately, to help the region continue to grow and be a dynamic place to work and live. FORVIS anticipates growth in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing & distribution, real estate, hospitality, technology and institutes of higher education. The firm has had a long presence in Kentucky and our commitment to this market will not waiver.
How many folks (CPAs or otherwise) work in the Kentucky offices currently?
- We currently have 43 CPAs and 75 total staff in the Louisville office
- We currently have 19 CPAs and 33 total staff in the Bowling Green office
- Combined 62 CPAs and 108 staff in Kentucky
Click here for more Kentucky business news.