FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Appointed J. Michael Brown as a member of the State Board of Elections. Reappointed Dwight Sears, Ben Chandler and Cory Skolnick.
- J. Michael Brown of Louisville is director of Pre-Law and Constitutional Studies at Simmons College of Kentucky. He replaces Sherry Whitehouse, whose term has expired, and shall serve for a term expiring Sept. 15, 2026.
- Dwight Sears of Somerset is president and CEO at Silent Guard Security and shall serve for a term expiring Sept. 15, 2026.
- Ben Chandler of Versailles is president and CEO of the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky and shall serve for a term expiring Sept. 15, 2026.
- Cory Skolnick of Louisville is an attorney at Frost Brown Todd LLC and shall serve for a term expiring Sept. 15, 2026.
Reappointed Dr. John Fuller as a member of the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, effective Jan. 2, 2023.
- John Fuller of Versailles is a pharmacy coordinator for the Louisville Division of Kroger and shall serve for a term expiring Jan. 1, 2027.
Appointed Tom Eblen as a member of the Kentucky Heritage Council.
- Tom Eblen of Lexington is retired. He replaces John Park, whose term has expired, and shall serve for a term expiring Aug. 6, 2026.
Appointed Dr. Anthony Weaver and Scott Kindred as members of the Lung Cancer Screening Advisory Committee.
- Anthony Weaver of Morehead is an internal medicine physician at UofL Health.
- Scott Kindred of Lexington is an advocate and founder of Stages Lung Cancer Support Network.
Click here for more Kentucky business news.