FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 13, 2013) – Gov. Steve Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Gov. Beshear has appointed Richard L. Tanner to the Board of Trustees of the Kentucky Retirement Systems to serve for a term expiring July 1, 2017.
• Richard L. Tanner, of Frankfort, is executive director for the Kentucky Magistrates and Commissioners Association. He represents the Kentucky Association of Counties.
Gov. Beshear has appointed the following members to the School Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability Council to serve for terms expiring April 30, 2014:
• Jinger D. Carter, of Sturgis, is director of accountability and assessment for Henderson County Schools. She represents assessment coordinators. The appointment replaces Franklin B. Thomas, who has resigned.
• William A. Owens, of Beattyville, is a minister and mission director at Kentucky Mountain Mission Inc., and is chairman of the Lee County Board of Education. He represents school board members. The appointment replaces Phyllis E. Young, who has resigned.
Gov. Beshear has reappointed the following members to the Kentucky Foundation for the Arts Board of Trustees to serve for terms expiring Oct. 14, 2017:
• Todd P. Lowe, of Simpsonville, is president at Parthenon LLC.
• Wilma Brown, of Danville, is a retired teacher.