FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 10, 2013) – After 10 days of operation, Kentucky’s online health insurance marketplace, kynect, is getting close to enrolling 10,000 in new health insurance plans, the Governor’s Office announced today. So far, 9,453 individuals are enrolled. Individuals who sign up for health insurance by Dec. 15 will start coverage on January 1, 2014.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 2 p.m. Eastern time Thursday:
• 204,658 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 4,121,702 web pages.
• 183,217 people conducted pre-screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
• 29,350 applications for health care coverage have been started; 20,337 are completed.
• 9,453 individuals are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
• 261 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
• 39,900 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).