Will honor community members
FORT MITCHELL, Ky. (Aug. 5, 2014) — On Thursday, Sept. 18 the Northern Kentucky Chamber will celebrate its 45th anniversary at the 2014 Annual Dinner, where it will recognize individuals who have shown exceptional community service and chamber volunteerism.
Northern Kentucky Chamber awards:
- The Walter R. Dunlevy/Frontiersman Award recognizes individuals who have a life long history of outstanding service to the Northern Kentucky community, exhibit outstanding service to their profession or industry and exemplify the highest standards of personal integrity and family responsibility. This year’s recipients are Chuck and Julie Geisen Scheper. Chuck is Chairman of the Board of Bexion Pharmaceuticals.
- The Walter L. Pieschel Award is named after the chamber’s first volunteer leader and is given to an individual who exemplifies outstanding service to the chamber. This year’s recipient is Mark Kiser, president and owner of Kwik Kopy Business Center in Taylor Mill.
- The ImageMaker Award is presented to an individual or individuals who have brought national or international attention to Northern Kentucky through their achievements. This year’s recipient is UpTech, Greater Cincinnati’s informatics accelerator.
- The Unity Award is presented to an individual or individuals who have shown leadership in seeking regional solutions to Northern Kentucky’s challenges. This year’s recipient is Brent Cooper, president of C-Forward, Inc in Covington.
- The Greater Cincinnati Foundation will award the Devou Cup Award, created to honor the generosity of a donor who has made a profound difference in the quality of community life in Northern Kentucky. This year’s recipients are Frank and Pat Sommerkamp.