Will allow patients to receive more care closer to home
The UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network was created to provide high-quality cancer care closer to home for patients across the region, and to minimize the effects of cancer through prevention and education programs, exceptional clinical care, and access to research.
Through the affiliation HMH Cancer Care Center will be able to offer their patients access to additional specialty and subspecialty physicians and care, including clinical trials and advanced technology, while allowing them to stay closer to home for most treatments.
“There is no reason for cancer patients in central Kentucky to leave this area to seek treatment, because the HMH Cancer Care Center provides personalized cancer care close to home,” said Dr. Adam Lye, medical director of the HMH Cancer Care Center. “This care can be enhanced when combined with Markey’s specialized treatment, technology and clinical trial opportunities that will help us take cancer care to the next level. This is great news for cancer patients and their families in our community.”
The UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network began in 2006 and comprises 11 Kentucky hospitals:
- ARH Cancer Center-Hazard
- Frankfort Regional Medical Center
- Georgetown Community Hospital
- Hardin Memorial Health Cancer Care Center, Elizabethtown
- Harlan ARH Hospital
- Harrison Memorial Hospital, Cynthiana
- Norton Cancer Institute, Louisville (Norton Healthcare-UK HealthCare partnership)
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Ashland
- Rockcastle Regional Hospital, Mount Vernon
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center, Morehead
- Williamson ARH Hospital