Morehead ranked 9th, Murray State 54th by Affordable Colleges Foundation
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 14, 2014) — Morehead State University has the nation’s ninth best online MBA program and Murray State University’s the 54th, according to the Affordable Colleges Foundation Best Online MBA Degree Programs 2015.
Affordable Colleges analyzed more than 500 colleges, choosing 68 that have MBA programs that stand out: they have full accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), low student-teacher ratios, and faculty with demonstrated excellence in business and management.
Morehead State scored a 95.4, with a program cost of $16,860, while Murray State scored a 85.04, with a cost of $18,840.
In scoring colleges Affordable Colleges used the following format:
- Must have at least one fully online MBA program
- Must have full AACSB accreditation
- Not-for-profit colleges and universities only
Qualitative metrics (76 percent of total score)
- Student-faculty ratio for the program
- Percentage of faculty with PhD
- Number of online MBA options
- Number of MBAs conferred (2013)
- AC Online Peer-Based Value (PBV)
Cost-related metric (24 percent of total score)
- Online tuition cost of program