One-day clinic to be held from 8 a.m. to noon
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Dec. 3, 2014) — UofL Physicians will hold an eye clinic for children from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday at The Springs Medical Center, 6400 Dutchmans Lane, Suite 310.
Appointments can be made at 502-742-2848 or 502-588-0550.
UofL Physicians – Pediatric Eye Specialists sees patients from birth to age 18. Major forms of insurance are accepted.
“To help parents who can’t always bring their children in to our office during regular hours, we periodically schedule Saturday clinic hours to make it more convenient,” said Dr. Rahul Bhola, who leads UofL Physicians – Pediatric Eye Specialists and is director of pediatric ophthalmology for the UofL School of Medicine.
“All preschool children, even those without noticeable eye problems, should have at least one vision screening or comprehensive eye exam before the age of 5,” Bhola said. “After age 5, every child should have an annual eye exam.”
Signs that can signal a child has a vision problem:
- An eye appears to be misaligned, either crossed or drifting outward
- Squinting, closing or covering one eye
- Rubbing one or both eyes excessively
- Headache, nausea or dizziness with visual tasks
- Excessive or unusual clumsiness
- Tilting the head to one side
- One or both eyelids droop downward
- A sibling or other close family member has lazy eye or other eye problems