Events scheduled to provide information and assistance about kynect
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Jan. 23, 2015) — More than 131,000 Kentuckians have newly enrolled for health care coverage or renewed their current plans through kynect in the two months since open enrollment began on Nov. 15, 2014.
This enrollment total includes individuals who have either newly enrolled in a private health insurance plan, qualified for Medicaid coverage or renewed the private insurance plans they purchased through kynect last year.
The deadline to enroll is Feb. 15.
Several events are scheduled to help provide information and assistance about kynect.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College campus, 11 a.m.–4 p.m., Jan. 26 and 27
- Hopkinsville Community College campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Jan. 27 and 28
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College, Pikeville campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Jan. 28 and 29
- Jefferson Community and Technical College, Shelby campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Jan. 28 and 29
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College (BCTC), Leestown campus and Newtown campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 2 and 3
- Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC), downtown campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 4 and 5
- Gateway Community and Technical College, Urban Covington campus (Two Rivers Building), 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 9 and 10
- Gateway Community and Technical College, Boone campus, 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Feb. 11 and 12
Enrollment statistics current as of 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 22:
- 515,677 unique visitors viewing more than 18 million pages
- 269,252 individuals have conducted preliminary screenings
- 391,377 calls have been handled by the kynect contact center
- 28,637 new accounts have been created
- 7,401 people have downloaded the new kynect app
- 46,511 new applications for coverage have been submitted
- 38,547 have enrolled in Medicaid coverage
- 75,760 individuals have renewed their enrollment in a qualified health plan
- 17,126 individuals have newly enrolled in a qualified health plan
- 4,977 individuals have enrolled in dental plans
- 6,274 visitors to the kynect store at Fayette Mall in Lexington have completed 3,964 applications for new coverage