Annual awards to recognize, celebrate and inspire small businesses
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 26, 2012) – Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce — is accepting nominations for the 2012 Inc.credible Awards now until May 25, 2012.
The Inc.credible Awards recognize small businesses that are spurring the Greater Louisville region to grow, innovate and thrive. Winners in eight categories will be announced at the 2012 Celebration of Small Business event, Sept. 11 at the Galt House.
Nominations can be made by visiting www.greaterlouisville.com/inccrediblenom. Nominees must be businesses of less than 100 employees and be locally-owned and operated in the Louisville region. They must have been in business prior to Jan. 1, 2009, and not have received an Inc.credible Award in the past three years. Nominees do not have to be a GLI member and self-nominations are welcomed.
“Small businesses are the threadwork of our economy, they weave together to make up more than 99.7 percent of all employers and provide jobs to half of all private sector workers nationally” said Eileen Pickett, executive vice president of Greater Louisville Inc. “It is so valuable to have this opportunity to recognize and celebrate their achievements and contributions to our region.”
There are eight awards categories, including:
• Very Small Business of the Year Award (1-9 employees) — Company must exemplify both business and civic leadership. Community involvement, management practices and overall financial performance are the primary criteria for this category.
• Small Business of the Year Award (10-100 employees) — Company must exemplify both business and civic leadership. Community involvement, management practices and overall financial performance are the primary criteria for this category.
• Greening/Sustainability Award — Company must have green products or purpose or have extensive green practices to quality for this award. Criteria include written policies, goals and metrics for green practices, provision or use of alternative energy and/or energy efficient products or services, or produce or manufacture a green product or service.
• Inclusion Award — Company must demonstrate a commitment to inclusive hiring, buying, selling and/or be a champion of diversity and inclusion and/or have a minority or woman owner to qualify for this award. Additional criteria include inclusion-focused business policies and practices, goals and measurements around inclusion, and demonstrated community involvement as it relates to inclusion and diversity.
• Innovation/Technology Utilization Award — Company must have demonstrated ability in adopting and utilizing technology to directly increase productivity, efficiency, revenue and/or profits. Additional criteria include informed decision-making process around technology adoption, strategic implementation and ability to measure results of utilization.
• International/Global Award — Company must have a significant importing or exporting business and/or be a champion or enabler of global business and/or have a foreign-born owner to qualify for this award. Additional criteria include percentage of business activity that is international and creative marketing to the global market.
• Non-Profit Impact Award — Applicants must be a Greater Louisville area 501(c)(3) organization, at least 3 years old and have a local governance and management structure in place. Non Profits are only eligible for this category. The primary criteria for this award includes; civic leadership, management practices, overall financial performance and community impact.
• Phoenix Award — Company must have endured a uniquely challenging circumstance or natural disaster and successfully emerged from it stronger and poised for growth in order to qualify for this award. Additional criteria include extent of damage incurred, effort exerted to recover and growth since recovery.
Nominations can be made by visiting www.greaterlouisville.com/inccrediblenom.