General Election Nov. 3
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 19, 2015) — Write-in candidates for the Nov. 3 General Election must submit their paperwork and filing fee no later than 4 p.m. local time on Oct. 23, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes said.
“I recommend candidates file in advance of the deadline in case filing papers need to be corrected,” said Grimes, Kentucky’s chief election official.
Kentucky law does not provide an opportunity to correct or re-file paperwork after the deadline and votes cast for individuals who have not satisfied the requirements will not be counted.
All offices that are regularly scheduled for election in 2015 file with the Secretary of State’s office.
- Governor/Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- Attorney General
- Auditor of Public Accounts
- Commissioner of Agriculture
Several unexpired terms will also appear on the ballot in the offices’ respective counties. Unexpired terms for which candidates file with the Secretary of State’s office are:
- Commonwealth’s Attorney, 56th Judicial Circuit
- Justice of the Supreme Court, 7th Supreme Court District
- Circuit Judge, 42nd Judicial Circuit (1st Division)
- District Judge, 30th Judicial District (4th Division)
Contact your county clerk for information regarding any other unexpired terms that may appear on the Nov. 3 ballot.
To download or request a Declaration of Intent to be a Write-in Candidate and for additional information on becoming a write-in candidate, visit www.sos.ky.gov.