Admission free with a business card
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Dec. 28, 2015) — The Louisville Independent Business Alliance (LIBA), which consists of more than 750 locally owned and independent businesses, will host the Louisville Local Business Expo on Jan. 14, 2016 at the Clifton Center.
The expo will showcase local and independent “Business-to-Business” companies, giving business purchasing decision makers the opportunity to explore local options for their needs. The event is open to the general public from 2-5 p.m. Admission is free with a business card.
“We’ve had great response from our members. The booths filled up immediately after we announced it,” said Lance Minnis, LIBA board member, chair of the expo committee and partner in Commonwealth Financial Advisors LLC. “We’ve found that often people will take the ‘buy local’ message to heart in their personal habits, but don’t necessarily think of applying that to their business life.”
The event will feature:
- Booths from more than 35 local companies
- A “Local Love” gift bag for the first 150 people who register to attend in advance at www.keeplouisvilleweird.com/localexpo
- “Office Hours” session where attendees can sign up in advance for free, 20 minute consultations with professionals in various fields. The sessions provide an opportunity to ask specific questions about your business with a local, independent expert. Examples of industries represented include Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll, Social Media, Credit Card Acceptance, Technology and Advertising & Marketing.
Insightful programming will be offered through dynamic, 20 minute, TED-style talks, including:
- Healthy Humor Isn’t Just For Laughs: The Secret To Fueling Business Success With Humor (Dr. Clifford Kuhn, The Laugh Doctor)
- They Drive Me Crazy! Understanding the Millennial Mindset (Cara Silletto, Crescendo Strategies)
- How to Develop Your Own Online Tribe (Joel Gerdis, The Content Squad)
- Building Your Business Through Referrals (Mike Gandolfo, RE Solutions)