ACTORS THEATER OF LOUISVILLE
- John E. Selent has been elected to the board of directors of Actors Theater of Louisville. Selent is the managing partner of the Louisville law office of Dinsmore & Shohl.
- David Rice has been named to Cisco System’s Small Midmarket Business Partner Advisory Board. Rice is a senior infrastructure engineer with the accounting and business-consulting firm of Dean Dorton Allen Ford.
CPA ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL
- William G. Meyer III has been elected to the North America board of directors of CPA Associates International. Meyer is managing partner of Louisville-based CPA firm Strothman and Co.
INVESTOR PROTECTION TRUST
- Shonita Bossier, director of the Securities Division of the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions, has been elected to serve as a trustee of Investor Protection Trust, a national nonprofit devoted to investor education.
FEDERAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON JUVENILE JUSTICE
- J. Jay Miller, assistant professor in the University of Kentucky College of Social Work has been appointed to the Federal Advisory Committee on Juvenile Justice. Miller also serves on the Kentucky Justice Act Advisory Board.
FOUNDATION FOR A HEALTHY KENTUCKY
- The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has announced its officers for 2016: Chairman – Christopher Roszman, Louisville; Vice Chairman – Charlie Ross, Mayfield; Treasurer – Mark Carter, Louisville; Secretary – Rosie Albright, Danville. New members appointed to the board include: Janice Blythe, Berea; Dan Beavers, Bowling Green; Vivian Lasley-Bibbs, Lexington; Daniel Mongiardo, Hazard; Carlos Marin, Lexington; and Paula Little, Albany.
INFRAGARD NATIONAL MEMBERS ALLIANCE
- Michael E. Poynter has been appointed to serve on the board of directors of the InfraGard National Members Alliance, a partnership between the FBI and the private sector that works to mitigate threats to the nation’s critical infrastructures and key resources. Poynter is executive director of the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services.
KENTON COUNTY AIRPORT BOARD
- Todd M. Schneider has been appointed to the Kenton County Airport Board.
KENTUCKY AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
- Robert Foree has been appointed to the Kentucky Agriculture Development Board. Foree, of Eminence, is a self-employed farmer and attorney.
KENTUCKY ALLIANCE OF BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS
- Steve B. Thompson has been appointed board president of the Kentucky Alliance of Boys and Girls Clubs. Thompson recently retired as chairman of the Sterling G. Thompson Co. in Louisville.
KENTUCKY ASSOCIATION OF CHILDREN’S ADVOCACY CENTERS
- Brady Dunnigan has been elected president of the Kentucky Association of Children’s Advocacy Centers board of directors. Dunnigan is a partner in the Lexington law office of Dinsmore & Shohl.
KENTUCKY HORSE PARK COMMISSION
- Tandy Patrick has been named as the new chairperson of the Kentucky Horse Park Commission. Patrick is an attorney with Bingham, Greenebaum & Doll in Louisville and Lexington. Rebecca Jordan, of Georgetown, and Matt Dedden, of Burlington, have also been appointed to serve on the commission.
KENTUCKY HOUSING CORP.
- Rick Vance has been appointed to the board of directors of the Kentucky Housing Corp. for a four-year term. Vance is an attorney with Stites & Harbison, based in the firm’s Louisville office.
KENTUCKY NONPROFIT NETWORK
- Chris Chaffin has been elected to the board of directors of the Kentucky Nonprofit Network. Chaffin is vice president and private client services officer for Traditional Bank.
KENTUCKY PERSONNEL BOARD
- Brian Crall and Brian Richmond have been appointed to serve on the Kentucky Personnel Board. Crall, of Nicholasville, is a self-employed consultant. Richmond, of Ft. Mitchell, is a self-employed attorney.
- The Lexington Center Corp. has elected its officers for 2016: Chair – Brent Rice; Vice Chair – Judy Taylor; Secretary – Holly Wiedemann; and Treasurer – Craig Turner. The Lexington Center Corp. is a not-for-profit 501 (3) corporate agency of the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government that manages and maintains Rupp Arena, the Lexington Opera House, the Lexington Convention Center, The Shops at Lexington Center and Triangle Park.
- The Lexington Clinic board of directors has announced its officers for 2016: President – Dr. Stephen C. Umansky; Vice President – Dr. Michael T. Cecil; Secretary – Dr. J. Elizabeth Lehmann; Treasurer – Dr. Andrew C. McGregor. Members of the board include: Dr. Michael W. Eden, Dr. Kimberly A. Hudson, Dr. Mamata Majmundar; Dr. Gregory V. Osetinsky; and Dr. J. Sloan Warner Jr.
NATIONAL EDUCATION FINANCE ACADEMY
- William E. Thro has been elected to the board of trustees of the National Education Finance Academy, an organization that focuses on issues pertaining to school finance. Thro is general counsel for the University of Kentucky.
POAGE BANKSHARES INC.
- Thomas Burnette has been appointed chairman of the board of directors for Ashland-based Poage Bankshares Inc., the holding company for Town Square Bank. Burnette will fill the vacancy created by the recent passing of former Chairman Thomas Carver. Charles W. Robinson has been appointed vice chairman of the board of directors of the company and Town Square.
RECLAIMING AMERICA’S MIDDLE CLASS
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System President Jay K. Box has been appointed to a new national community college board, Reclaiming America’s Middle Class. The board is a federal policy advocacy group for community colleges.
U.S. PREVENTIVE SERVICES TASK FORCE
- Diane Medved Harper, has been appointed to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, an appointed panel that issues evidence-based recommendations about clinical preventive services such as screenings, counseling services and preventive medications. Harper is the Rowntree Professor and Endowed Chair of Family and Geriatric Medicine at the University of Louisville.
WOMEN LEADING KENTUCKY
- The following individuals have been named to the board of directors for Women Leading Kentucky, a statewide network of women business professionals: Nancy Atkins, Bluegrass Family Health; Elisa Bruce, REACH Inc.; Victoria Carling, City National Bank; Susan Dean, U.S. Bank; Billie Dollins, Community Trust Bank; Cliff Feltham, LG&E and KU Energy LLC; Sonia Goforth, Sonia Goforth RCC; Kathryn Hansen, Integration Consultants; Stacy Kula, Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC; Susan Mobley, Baptist Health Lexington; Betsy Nowland-Curry, Curry Consulting Group; Stacy Owens, American Water (retired); Davonna Saier, Lexington Diagnostic Center & Open MRI; Ellen Sharp, Central Bank & Trust; Ann Smith, University of Kentucky HealthCare; Amy Sohner, Bluegrass Greensource; Molly Sutherland, Sutherland & Associates; and Chrisandrea (Chrissie) Turner, Stites & Harbison, PLLC.
- Robert D. Walter has been named non-executive chairman of the board of Louisville-based Yum! Brands, the parent company of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. Walter will succeed David C. Novak, who will step down as executive chairman in May.