Five appointments named
FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 25, 2016) — Gov. Matt Bevin today announced five new members to the Kentucky Board of Education. The board is comprised of 12 members, each serving four-year terms.
- Ben Cundiff, Cadiz, has been appointed for the remainder of a term expiring in April 2018. Cundiff is a chemical engineer and an attorney.
- Gary W. Houchens, Bowling Green, has been appointed for a term expiring April 2020. Houchens is an associate professor in the Department of Educational Administration, Leadership and Research at Western Kentucky University.
- Alesa G. Johnson, Somerset, has been appointed for a term expiring April 2020. Johnson is an electrical engineer and serves as associate dean for Workforce Solutions at Somerset Community College.
- Rich Gimmel, Louisville, has been appointed for a term expiring in April 2020. Gimmel is chairman of Atlas Machine and Supply, Inc.
- Milton C. Seymore, Louisville, has been appointed for a term expiring in April 2020. Seymore is retired from Ford Motor Company and currently serves as pastor of Energized Baptist Church.