FRANKFORT, Ky. (June 8, 2012) – Seventeen groups and individuals from across the state will be honored for their volunteer and service contributions at a 2 p.m. ceremony Monday June 11, at the Governor’s Mansion in Frankfort.
First Lady Jane Beshear is scheduled to present the 2011 Governor’s Awards for Volunteerism and Service at the ceremony.
The awards are coordinated by the Kentucky Commission on Volunteerism and Service (KCCVS), part of the
Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS).
2011 Governor’s Awards for Volunteerism and Service Recipients
• Hazard High School, Group Youth Volunteer Service Award, Hazard/Perry County, nominated by Betsy Clemons.
• The Baptist Coalition, Faith-Based Group Award, Louisville/Jefferson County, nominated by Carin Veech.
• Mortenson Family Dental, Corporate Award, Louisville/Jefferson County, nominated by Diane M. Cowne, M.Ed.
• Hypnotiq Motorcycle Club, Group Volunteer Service Award, Lexington/Fayette County, nominated by Kathy Hughes.
• Partners In Education, Group Volunteer Service Award, Winchester/Clark County, nominated by Cora Heffner.
• Commonwealth Canine Search and Recovery, Nonprofit Organization Award, Lexington/Fayette County, nominated by Heather M. Suedkamp.
• Amanda Otten, Youth Volunteer Service Award, Louisville/Jefferson County, nominated by Linda Roark.
• Thrissie Dohn, Challenge Award, Mount Washington/Bullitt County, nominated by Patty Gregory.
• Jennifer L. Webb, Volunteer Service Award, Richmond/Madison County, nominated by Brandy Oliver Brown.
• Fran Adams, Senior Volunteer Service Award, Paducah/McCracken County, nominated by Ann Smith.
• Wathen Livers, National Service Award, Owensboro/Daviess County, nominated by Cathy Campbell.
• Lisa Johnson, First Lady’s Award, Versailles/Woodford County, nominated by Tina Murphy.
• Shawn P. Aberl II, Kentucky Ambassador Award, Elizabethtown/Hardin County, nominated by Jennifer Aberl.
• Jeanette Elder, Lifetime Achievement Award, Pikeville/Pike County, nominated by Dana King.
• George B. Merrifield Jr., Lifetime Achievement Award, Louisville/Jefferson County, nominated by Meredith McCann.
Make A Difference Day Traveling Awards
• MSUCorps, AmeriCorps Program
• The Lakes Service Region, Department for Community Based Services
For more information about the awards program or the KCCVS, please visit www.volunteerKY.ky.gov.