Lawrence was born in Louisville
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 27, 2016) — Academy Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, a Louisville native, announced that the Jennifer Lawrence Arts Fund will donate $188,000 to arts programs in Louisville.
- $25,000 grant to Actors Theatre of Louisville to support capital improvements
- $20,000 grant to Commonwealth Theatre Center to increase capacity of education and outreach programs
- $25,000 grant to Kentucky Shakespeare to support the January production of “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
- $55,000 grant to the Louisville Orchestra to provide live music for identified Louisville Ballet and Kentucky Opera productions in the 2016-17 season
- $13,000 grant to the Louisville Youth Orchestra to expand the organization’s training and alumni programs
- $50,000 grant to support ArtsMatch for Access, a pilot program to increase access to the arts across Greater Louisville.