LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 6, 2017) – Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, a premier business law firm, has announced new firm leadership following its annual Partners Meeting in Louisville. This practice group leadership restructuring, now in effect, is expected to develop a new generation of firm leaders and drive the firm’s continued growth.
“There is a generational shift taking place in law firms and legal departments all over the world as baby boomers retire or begin to transition their practice. It is important to begin providing leadership opportunities to the next generation of lawyers so that we capture the institutional knowledge of our more experienced partners before they retire,” said Tobin McClamroch, BGD Managing Partner.
“At BGD, we recognize that our clients’ legal service needs are dynamic and evolving, and that our firm must continuously adapt our technologies and processes to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. Elevating the next generation of firm leaders is a key component of ensuring we have the right technology and the necessary processes to keep pace with our clients’ demands,” McClamroch continued.
Last year, the firm took a number of steps to facilitate the generational shift that is taking place, including the implementation of a host of workplace flexibility policies, the creation of a formal firm mentoring program, the hiring of a chief legal talent officer, and the creation of a diversity and inclusion committee. Today’s announcement of new firm leaders is the next step in the firm’s evolution.
The firm’s department leadership is now as follows:
• Corporate Service Department | William J. Kaiser Jr. and Jeffrey A. McKenzie, Co-Chairs
• Economic Development Department | Philip Sicuso, Chair
• Estate Planning Department | John S. Lueken, Chair
• Litigation Department | John K. Bush and James M. Hinshaw, Co-Chairs
• Tax and Employee Benefits Department | Mark A. Loyd, Chair
The firm’s practice group leadership is now as follows:
• Private Equity/Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group | Christopher W.D. Jones, Chair
• Banking Practice Group | Raja J. Patil, Chair
• Intellectual Property Practice Group | Brian W. Chellgren, Chair
• Mineral Practice Group | John E. Rhine, Chair
• Health Care Practice Group | Daniel E. Fisher, Chair
• Real Estate Practice Group | D. Bryan Weese, Chair
• Bankruptcy/Restructuring Practice Group | James R. Irving, Chair
• Business Litigation Practice Group | Melissa Norman Bork and Briana Clark, Co-Chairs
• Labor & Employment Practice Group | Andrew Gruber, Chair
• Fiduciary Litigation Practice Group | J. Mark Grundy and Gregory A. Neibarger, Co-Chairs
• White Collar Practice Group | J. Richard Kiefer and K. Michael Gaerte, Co-Chairs
In addition, three new Office Managing Partners are also announced: Timothy W. Dunn in Lexington, Kentucky, Ben Johnson II in Louisville, Kentucky, and Matthew Price in Indianapolis, Indiana.