Includes Brazilian jazz concert
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (May 9, 2017) — The University of Louisville School of Music is hosting the May Music Festival from May 20-25.
The festival offers varied performances, from a collaboration between UofL’s Opera Theatre and The Kentucky Shakespeare Festival to a Brazilian jazz concert.
“There are performances in great locations, with some focusing on new music,” said Michael Ramach, director of UofL’s Opera Theatre and the festival organizer. “You have everything from opera to steel drum lines. It’s a cool, interesting collection.”
May Music Festival:
- May 20, 2 p.m., Speed Art Museum Plaza, Belknap Campus, Opera Theatre and The Kentucky Shakespeare Festival, “Songs of Shakespeare” arias, songs and monologues.
- May 20, 7:30 p.m., Cardinal Singers European Tour Concert.
- May 21, 2:30 p.m., School of Music’s Bickel Terrace (pavilion), Belknap Campus, UofL Trumpet Ensemble.
- May 21, 3 p.m., Comstock Concert Hall, Belknap Campus, free for members of the Speed Museum, $20 for non-members, $5 for students with ID, Speed Concert Series presents pianist Olga Kern.
- May 22, 4 p.m., Indiana’s Big Four Bridge pavilion at the intersection of Pearl and Chestnut streets in Jeffersonville, Brazilian jazz ensemble Hora Certa and Gabe Evans Trio.
- May 24, 6 p.m., School of Music’s Comstock Hall, UofL Percussion Project featuring UofL Percussion Studio, Jecorey “1200” Arthur, The Wood’n Steel Duo and others.
- May 25, 6 p.m., School of Music’s Comstock Hall, UofL Percussion Project featuring guest artist Andy Harnsberger, Trio of Chance Designs, UofL Percussion Ensemble and others.