NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Sept. 14, 2017) — More than 60 companies from a variety of industries will be available to discuss career paths and open positions at a free event Sept. 20-21 at the America Place building in Jeffersonville, Ind.
The companies represent a wide and varied group of industries including: advanced manufacturing, healthcare, education, retail and consumer goods, and services such as banking, food service and entertainment/media.
The FOCUS: Career and Job Fair is a two-day event bringing together employers, students, parents and workers looking to enhance their futures through career exploration and employee recruitment. Day one, with hours from 3-8 p.m., will be a career fair where booth participants will interact with students and their parents to learn of the inherent benefits of pursuing training and education for careers in the fields needed by local employers.
Day two, beginning at 11 a.m. and ending at 5 p.m., will be a traditional job fair where potential employees may find their next career with the companies represented. Job seekers may attend either day to submit applications.
Presenting Sponsor America Place is hosting the event at a building the company owns within the River Ridge Commerce Center.
“America Place is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the 1si FOCUS: Career and Job Fair. Many of the businesses that have partnered with America Place are finding it difficult to keep their facilities fully staffed. By taking steps to address this issue head on, America Place is working to help ensure our partners are successful now and in the future,” said Debbie Smith, chief financial officer for America Place Business Park. “We are ready to fill space at our new business and office park. This effort sends a message that Southern Indiana is serious about the success of their business community and their citizens. That is a message any business wants to hear when considering a location for a new facility.”
In addition to the normal job and career fair activities, participants will have the opportunity to register for a host of prizes including one of two 32-inch Vizio flat screen televisions, a PS4 game system-1TB, an Apple TV, a set of beats ep, a JBL Charge3 portable Bluetooth speaker and one of $1,000 total in gift cards.
Food vendors, including KFC, will also be onsite to offer a limited menu to attendees and eight secondary and post-secondary education institutions will be on hand to help students explore their unique paths to the careers of their choice.
“One Southern Indiana has prioritized talent and workforce development in response to comments our members have given on obstacles to economic growth and success. The FOCUS: Career and Job Fair is one of several ways 1si provides assistance to employers concerned about the regional labor shortage. We are pleased to partner with America Place and many other great companies on this inaugural event,” said 1si President and CEO Wendy Dant Chesser.
No registration is required for this free event.
Educational Institutions in attendance include:
- Clarksville Community Schools
- Excel Services, Inc.
- Greater Clark County Schools
- Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
- New Albany Floyd County Schools
- Prosser Career Education Center
- Purdue Polytechnic New Albany
- West Clark Community Schools
Companies with booths include:
- Allegiance Staffing
- Amatrol, Inc.
- America Place
- American Fuji Seal
- Baptist Health
- Burger King
- Centra Credit Union
- Clark Memorial Hospital
- Consolidated Grain & Barge
- ECT Services, Inc.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- Enjoy Life Foods
- ERL, Inc.
- Estes Waste Solutions, LLC
- Famous Dave’s
- Flexible Materials, Inc.
- Form G Companies, LLC
- Geo Pfau’s Sons Co. Inc.
- Goodwill – The Excel Center
- Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana
- Harland Clarke
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana
- Hosparus Health
- Huber’s Orchard, Winery and Vineyards
- Illini Precast – Speed LLC
- Integrity Staffing
- Kellogg Company
- Kelly Services
- Kentucky Fried Chicken/AJS Inc.
- Knapheide Truck Equipment Company
- L & D Mail Masters, Inc.
- Little Star ABA Therapy
- LSI Wallcovering
- MAC Construction and Excavating, Inc.
- Marcus Paint Company
- Mister “P” Express, Inc.
- Nesco Resources
- Norton Healthcare
- One Southern Indiana
- pāco manufacturing
- Pegasus Packaging and Industries
- Rauch, Inc.
- Revere Plastics Systems
- Rumpke Waste & Recycling
- SAMTEC, Inc.
- Securitas Security Services USA
- Silver Creek Leather Co., LLC
- Snyder’s Lance, Inc.
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
- Transformation Network
- Trilogy Health Services
- U.S. Census Bureau
- UnitedHealth Group
- UPS Airlines
- Volunteers of America Mid-States
- YMCA of Greater Louisville
Sponsors of this event are:
- Presenting – America Place
- Supporting – UPS
- Partnership – KFC
- Community – Baptist Health, Estes Waste Solutions, LLC, Greater Clark County Schools, Ivy Tech Community College, West Clark Community Schools
- Lounge Sponsor – River Ridge Commerce Center
- Premium Booth Sponsors – Centra Credit Union, Clark Memorial Hospital, ECT Services, Inc., Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, ERL, Inc., MAC Construction & Excavating, Inc., pāco manufacturing, Pegasus Packaging and Industries, SAMTEC, Inc., Trilogy Health Services, UnitedHealth Group and the U.S. Census Bureau