AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
• Ardis Dee Hoven, M.D. has been elected president-elect of the American Medical Association, the nation’s largest physician organization. Hoven, who is an internal medicine and infectious disease specialist in Lexington, will assume the office of president in June 2013.
FAYETTE COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
• The following individuals have been elected officers for the 2012-2013 Fayette County Bar Association board of directors: President – Cassidy Rosenthal, Stites and Harbison; President-Elect – Palmer Gene Vance II, Stoll, Keenon & Ogden PLLC; Treasurer – Pierce W. Hamblin, Landrum & Shouse LLP; Secretary – Edwin H. Clark, Clark Law Office Inc.; Auditor – Sheila Isaac, Senior Judge; Immediate Past President – Christopher W. Goode, Bubalo Rotman PLC. Serving on the board of directors for 2012-2013 are: Tiffany Fleming, Britton Osborne Johnson PLLC; Linda M. Hopgood, Linda M. Hopgood Attorney at Law; Adrian Mendiondo, Kinkead & Stilz PLLC; William F. Rigsby, Rigsby Law Group; Justin Ross, Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs LLP; Kif Skidmore, Savage, Elliot, Houlihan, Mullins & Skidmore LLP; Richard H. Underwood, University of Kentucky College of Law Spears-Gilbert Professor of Law; Carolyn C. Zerga, Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government Department of Law; Coley Stilz, Kinkead & Stilz PLLC; and David T. Enlow, Enlow and Enlow PLLC.
KENTON COUNTY AIRPORT BOARD
• James Huff and Larry Savage have been elected as chair and vice chair, respectively, of the Kenton County Airport Board. Huff is the founder of Huff Realty and is an active business and civic proponent. Savage is the regional chief executive officer for Humana Inc., overseeing operations for Humana Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois. In addition, Kenton County Judge-Executive Steve Arlinghaus has named Mark Arnzen and Timothy Mauntel to serve on the board. Arnzen is a principal in the Covington law firm of Arnzen, Molloy & Storm PSC. Mauntel retired from Morgan Stanley as a senior vice president.
KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF WORKERS CLAIMS
• Gov. Steve Beshear has appointed Jane Rice Williams, Thomas G. Polites and Steve G. Bolton to serve as administrative law judges in the Department of Workers Claims. Williams, of London, is an attorney with Rice, Hendrickson and Williams. Polites, of Lexington, is an attorney with Wilson, Polites & McQueen. Bolton is a Frankfort attorney.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BOARDS OF PHARMACY
• Michael A. Burleson, executive director of the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, has been sworn in as president of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
• The following individuals have been elected to serve on the board of directors of Pharmerica, a Louisville-based provider of institutional and hospital pharmacy management services: Frank E. Collins, Esq.; W. Robert Dahl, Jr.; Marjorie W. Dorr; Thomas P. Gerrity, Ph.D.; Thomas P. Mac Mahon; Geoffrey G. Meyers; Robert A. Oakley, Ph.D.; and Gregory S. Weishar.
THOROUGHBRED CHARITIES OF AMERICA
• Shannon Arvin, Braxton Lynch and Peter Willmott have been named to the board of directors of Thoroughbred Charities of America, the charitable arm of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association (TOBA). Arvin is with Stoll Keenon Ogden in Lexington. Lynch owns and operates Royal Oak Farm in Paris, Ky. Willmott is the former CEO of Federal Express Corp. and now manages his racing stable, Willmott Stables Inc. Arvin, Lynch and Willmott join current board members Amy Adkins, Jimmy Bell, Gary Biszantz, Gretchen Jackson, Michael Levy, Bob Manfuso, Pope McLean, Jr., Ellen Moelis, Herb Moelis, Dr. Jim Orsini, Dr. Scott Palmer, Josh Pons, Dan Rosenberg and Rob Whiteley.