LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Oct. 27, 2017) — The Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM) announced the winners of its 17th annual Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards on Oct. 27 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville.
Commonwealth Agri-Energy, LLC, from Hopkinsville, KY, won in the Small Business Category; Pegasus Industries & Packaging, from Shelbyville, KY, won in the Mid-Size Business Category; and for the first time in the history of these awards, two companies tied for the Large Business Category Award. Those winners were Dorman Products, from Warsaw, KY, and Novolex – Duro Bag from Florence/Richwood, KY. Each manufacturer was selected based on the following criteria:
• Innovative and entrepreneurial leadership with regard to products, production method, or services
• Recognized leadership in making a key contribution to the quality of life in the Commonwealth and the community
• Active involvement in organizations that advance industry and manufacturing
Brad Levi, Refining General Manager with Marathon Petroleum Corporation, Catlettsburg Refining, LLC, Catlettsburg, KY, was selected as the 2017 Employee of the Year. Nominees were judged on four criteria:
• Community Service
The independent 2017 Awards Selection Committee consisted of:
• Rich Cleary (Committee Chair), Member – Frost Brown Todd LLC, Louisville
• Dr. Paul Schreffler, Vice Chancellor for Economic Development and Workforce Solutions – Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Versailles
• Steve Kerrick, Partner – Mountjoy Chilton Medley, LLP, Louisville
• Ray Leathers, Private Sector Liaison – Education & Workforce Development Cabinet, Frankfort
• Becky Naugle, State Director – Kentucky Small Business Development Center, Lexington
• Gary Stewart, Retired CPA, Louisville
• Tim Whitaker, Environmental Compliance Manager – Ashland, Inc., Calvert City
• Katherine Brun, Business Development Specialist – Northern Kentucky Tri-ED, Covington.
KAM also recognized the service and dedication of KAM President & CEO Greg Higdon who is retiring from the Association effective October 31.
“It is appropriate that we close my career with KAM in such spectacular fashion, with an additional winner in the Large Business Category,” stated Greg Higdon. “As always, we received many worthy nominations this year, making our selection committee’s job a difficult one, but we know the winners appreciate their time and effort. We thank the committee for their diligent work and congratulate all of our nominees, and our 2017 winners.”
“What a great way to start my tenure with KAM!” said Lee Lingo, incoming Executive Director of the association. “I’m pleased to have been part of an amazing Awards event, and look forward to spending some time with the winners, current, and potential KAM members in the days ahead.”