The Danville-Boyle County Development Corporation is a local public/private partnership formed to promote economic development and job growth within the Danville-Boyle County, Kentucky, community.
Danville-Boyle County, Ky, is located 35 miles southwest of Lexington and is a thriving community with a city population of 17,000 and a county population of 30,000 plus residents. This region is the home of Centre College, which is among the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The Danville-Boyle County community is also the business hub of a five-county, 100,000-plus region.
Under the general direction of the DBCDC the director is responsible for administrating the agency’s policies and procedures to achieve its mission statement. Will lead and direct the DBCDC and its staff in promoting and enhancing economic development through partnerships with various local stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and directs the DBCDC in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with various economic development partners and stakeholders.
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing, evaluating, and updating the corporation’s vision, mission statement, and overall strategic plan.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of staff.
- Provides clear, concise communication to member organizations, financial supporters, existing businesses/industries, and the community at large regarding economic
- Develops and implements new business recruitment and existing business retention strategies in an effort to maintain and enhance the economic footprint of the community.
- Assist corporate and private property owners in marketing their properties to prospective developers.
- Conducts research and analysis regarding economic conditions, activities, and performance with the ability to clearly communicate the findings to various stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with federal, state, regional, and local economic organizations.
- Establishes and maintains strategic relationships with private investors and prospective businesses.
- Prepares and manages the corporation’s annual budget.
- Serves as the corporation’s primary public spokesperson.
- Responsible for managing the corporation’s social media platforms.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate and partner with multiple economic partners and organizations.
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to communicate complex information across various audiences.
- Understanding of established economic development practices and principles.
- Occasional travel is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, public administration, or a similar field is required.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5-7 years of economic development, marketing, public relations, or similar experience is required.
- Local government knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand or walk across irregular surfaces.
- Twisting, stooping, and bending regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs regularly.
- Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s level of applicable experience.
- 100% paid individual medical coverage
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement contribution plan with company match
- Relocation assistance
- Travel reimbursement
The Danville-Boyle County Development Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.
Click here for more Job Postings.