At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. The Family Health Center is a gateway for many medically underserved individuals who have both behavioral health and medical care needs. The Behavioral Health (BH) Services Department works to address these needs by providing clinical and social support services. As clinical members of the BH Services Department, our Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW’s) function as a BH consultant, working collaboratively with the medical team and patients. Integration of BH specialists into the medical environment is a proven model to improve patient wellness and satisfaction with their medical care. LCSW’s at the Family Health Center is valuable and respected members of the treatment team.
Integrated Behavioral Health brings clinical specialists to the community health setting where a high ratio of individuals with behavioral health treatment needs prefers to get their care. LCSW’s provide mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior change consultation in primary care, pediatrics, women’s health, and dental clinics of Family Health Centers. This role supports behavioral health integration into health services by working with medical staff to enhance their behavioral health skill set and providing brief, targeted biopsychosocial assessments and follow-up counseling and/or health behavior coaching to adults, children and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts behavioral health assessments.
- Provides clinical services in the form of brief intermittent psychotherapy, behavioral medicine (relaxation training, weight management, health habits, sleep, hygiene, etc.), crisis intervention, and patient education.
- Establishes treatment plans with the assistance of medical providers.
- Makes referrals to providers and services in the community.
- Collaborates with behavioral health and social service staff to enhance the patient’s social safety net.
- Participates in program planning and development.
- Provides in-service training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
- Possession of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker license from the State of Kentucky or equivalent.
- Three years of clinical social work experience, which must have included the use of a personal computer involving internet and word processing software.
- Minimum five years of proven achievement in non-profit fundraising or related field.
Family Health Centers is a family-friendly work environment. Unlike other health care systems, there are no 3rd shifts, Sunday, or holiday hours you must work. FHC also provides rich benefits to our employees; the employee benefits package at FHC is valued at approximately 45% of an employee’s annual salary. In addition to health insurance, Kentucky State Retirement System, staff receive up to 10 paid sick leave days, 12 days of vacation in their first year, and up to 22 days, ten paid holidays, and a bonus floating holiday to be used anytime in the year.
Email your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] or mail them to the attention of Theresa Bouthillet, Bernheim Arboretum, and Research Forest, 2499 Clermont Road, PO Box 130, Clermont, KY 40110. Or click here to apply