Investors Heritage, headquartered in Frankfort, Kentucky is the largest national life insurance company domiciled in Kentucky. We have been nationally recognized as one of the fastest-growing life insurance companies in the United States and are looking for high-quality candidates to join our team to help support this growth.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Financial Accounting & Reporting position. This person will report to the Controller, who oversees the day-to-day finance function along with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Monthly financial close and financial statement preparation and review on a GAAP, statutory, and tax basis.
- Quarterly and annual statutory reporting.
- Annual external audit support.
- Board and other internal management analysis and reporting.
- Financial analysis and account reconciliation functions including oversight responsibilities.
- Perform daily financial accounting, including analysis of the investment portfolio.
- Financial integration and ongoing reporting functions for acquired businesses and/or external third-party administrative clients.
- Provide assistance and training for staff.
- Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with Financial/Accounting related data.
- Sound organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to think independently and drive process improvements.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office and/or other data manipulation software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar degree.
- 3-5 years of experience with insurance statutory financial reporting preferred.
- GAAP financial reporting experience preferred
Qualified candidates may apply online here.
Visit more job opportunities at The Lane Report.