Investors Heritage, headquartered in Frankfort, Kentucky is the largest national life insurance company domiciled in Kentucky. We have been nationally recognized as one of the fastest-growing life insurance companies in the United States and are looking for high-quality candidates to join our team to help support this growth.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Financial Planning & Analysis position. This person will report to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is currently flexible in terms of work location, with most of the time currently anticipated as being remote but some in-office work will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Build out and lead the Company’s FP&A team to support the business.
- Lead strategic financial planning by creating, managing, and coordinating workstreams to develop financial forecasts and operational plans.
- Enhance financial modeling to drive decision-making.
- Develop high-level management reporting capabilities in addition to reporting for key third-party stakeholders, including rating agencies.
- Interact with the Company’s actuarial team to drive product analysis and reporting.
- Play a significant role in the analysis of future business opportunities.
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives within monthly financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Assist in ongoing expense analysis efforts through the development of innovative benchmarks.
- Prepare analysis of applicable industry data and trends.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 5+ years total work experience, including a minimum of three years of FP&A experience.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and financial statements.
- Unparalleled customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a growing business.
- Ability to take on new tasks as needed.
- Ability to think independently and lead others.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office and/or other data manipulation software.
- Experience within the Insurance industry is preferred
Qualified candidates may apply online here.
Visit more job opportunities at The Lane Report.