KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people weekly with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. Connecting with students and educators across Kentucky and the nation, KET creates high-quality, nationally recognized educational material. Located in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky, Lexington is a thriving, growing community of more than 315,000 residents. Full of charm and hospitality, the Bluegrass region offers affordable living, outstanding educational opportunities, and world-class sporting events. As a team member, you’ll help bring learning to life in Kentucky.
As the Education Outreach Manager, the individual selected for this role will lead and direct education outreach by planning and managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of Education Outreach initiatives.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage planning, development, evaluation, promotion, and effective outreach for KET’s K-12 Education projects and services.
- This includes researching needs in education and contributing to projects, training and other grant-funded projects.
- Support partnerships and collaborations with KDE, PBS, CPB, district and school leadership, Educational Cooperatives, libraries, universities, and others; represent KET at appropriate education meetings.
- Collaborate with Education Division staff on cross-divisional initiatives, including the planning, development, and population of resources/collections for KET’s educational repositories.
- Manage, design and deliver trainings, workshops, events, and presentations to help educators, families, parents, and caregivers use education resources effectively. Support the development and delivery of training provided by other KET staff and contract trainers.
- Collaborate in instructional resources’ content design and development, including videos, animations, interactives, lesson plans, and other educational materials.
- Coordinate and contribute to the content for KET Education websites, including writing and editing copy and developing special features.
- Research and assist in writing grant applications for Education projects and manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of funded projects.
- Effectively lead, coach and mentor team. Carry out supervisory duties, including participating in hiring, training, planning, and directing work for staff, providing performance oversight and timely feedback, resolving issues, and monitoring attendance and leave requests by agency policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrate dedication to diversity in areas of responsibility and instill the same dedication in staff.
- As a manager, perform other duties as assigned to support the organization’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching, school administration, curriculum design, instructional media, or a related field, plus a minimum of three years of experience working in K-12 environments or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred.
- Skilled in presenting dynamic workshops for parents, families, students, teachers, and other education audiences.
- Knowledge of childhood development, intergenerational learning, and community outreach.
- Demonstrated experience managing multifaceted projects, including budget administration, staff supervision, project implementation, reporting, and evaluation.
- Experience with instructional media preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Travel is required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to drive KET vehicles.
WORKING WITH KET HAS ITS BENEFITS!
KET offers a creative, engaging work environment with opportunities to collaborate and advance professionally. Additionally, employees are offered paid time off, several health insurance plan selections, and retirement savings options.
The salary for this opportunity will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant.
KET provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.