KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people weekly with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. Connecting with students and educators across Kentucky and the nation, KET creates high-quality, nationally recognized educational material. Located in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky, Lexington is a thriving, growing community of more than 315,000 residents. Full of charm and hospitality, the Bluegrass region offers affordable living, outstanding educational opportunities, and world-class sporting events. As a team member, you’ll help bring learning to life in Kentucky.
Support major gift fundraising, including facilitating efforts to retain, upgrade and secure new funds; coordinating donor relations and stewardship; processing mail, bills, and purchase orders; providing volunteer, event, and marketing support; and financial reporting.
Coordinate board, leadership, and mid-level annual giving campaigns, including strategic input and analysis, database management, list segmentation and queries, drafting and customizing donor solicitations and collateral materials, mail merges and distribution, and stewardship. Assist the Director of Philanthropy in achieving annual fundraising goals.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct grant and prospect research and advise the team of potential opportunities.
- Complete weekly donor acknowledgments, pledge reminders, monthly financial reporting, year-end tax receipts, and gift documentation as needed.
- Record the database of all donor records and contacts, mailings, gift agreements, acknowledgments, benefits, and prospect research.
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Coordinate silent auctions and associated volunteer committees for fundraising events.
- Assist with all Commonwealth Fund for KET engagement activities statewide, including fundraising, cultivation and family events as needed.
- Ensure donor benefits and recognition fulfillment on all platforms, including print, digital and on-air, and facilitate individual stewardship touches.
- Assist Commonwealth Fund for KET staff and volunteers with technical support as needed.
- Strengthen relationships with a portfolio of mid-level donors through discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and other touch points.
- Demonstrate dedication to diversity in areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
- Draft monthly program schedule grids for KET and KET 2 and develop and maintain an annual broadcast calendar of local and national content.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least one (1) year of experience in fundraising, sales or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Must have excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills; demonstrate professionalism, a strong work ethic, good judgment and the ability to ensure confidentiality of sensitive matters.
- Must be highly organized and able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proven computer proficiency and database management skills.
- Must be able to move/lift/carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to be flexible and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to drive KET vehicles.
WORKING WITH KET HAS ITS BENEFITS!
KET offers a creative, engaging work environment with opportunities to collaborate and advance professionally. Additionally, employees are offered paid time off, several health insurance plan selections, and retirement savings options.
The salary for this opportunity will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected applicant.
KET provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.