A Lexington, Kentucky financial and insurance firm is seeking a CFO. The position reports directly to the CEO and maintains all company financials. Please see attached Job Description for details.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to CEO.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both the short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with CEO and leadership team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, vendors and other outside contractors when needed.
- Recruit, interview and hire administrative and payroll staff as required.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the CEO.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by forecast vs. budget.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain a monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Oversee the creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for lenders.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Oversee daily and weekly cash management, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and payables.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, economics or similar field
- MBA or CPA preferred or qualified experience in lieu of.
- 10 years minimum experience as a CFO, COO or similar position.
- 10+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Ability to manage and/or upgrade accounting systems or other software. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce, Quickbooks, Office 365 preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to Obtain Insurance Licenses within 2 years.
Please email resume to [email protected]