The Center for Rural Development (The Center), located in Somerset, Kentucky, invites applications for the position of Marketing Coordinator/One-Stop-Shop. The Center is a national model for economic development in rural areas, serving a forty-five county primary service area of Southern and Eastern Kentucky and beyond, with a wide array of programs.
Under the direction of the Managing Director of Marketing & Events, the Marketing Coordinator/One-Stop-Shop’s primary responsibility is to assist the Director and Marketing team in the creation and implementation of full service, one-stop marketing disciplines, working closely to increase brand awareness, drive sales and ultimately generate new repeat customers. The position assists with the development of comprehensive marketing services, that include but are not limited to, marketing consulting, branding, graphic designs, marketing/business plan development, unique webpages, website management, off and online advertising campaigns, social media strategy, content creation, and management, video production, audio/radio production, brand identity packages, marketing campaigns, public relations support, and event planning. The Marketing Coordinator/One-Stop-Shop collaborates with internal and external sources, taking steps to provide individualized services to fulfill business and regional marketing needs. The position assists with efforts to promote positive relationships for the benefit of the organization with a purpose toward sustainability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Demonstrate creativity and judgment to develop solutions; able to demonstrate
knowledge of marketing principles.
- Knowledge of industry-standard graphic design software to include InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, and Illustrator.
- Strong client service and presentation skills.
- Photography skills preferred.
- Excellent command of the written and spoken English language with the ability to write in multiple styles and exhibit excellent editing skills.
- Ability to conduct surveys, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer with strong computer skills in Microsoft Suites.
- Must be able to travel extensively and willing to work hours required to perform the responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, or marketing-related field and three to five or more years of related work experience or a combination of education and work experience.
The Center is an equal opportunity institution. The closing deadline for applications is September 15, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found. Starting date is immediate.
Qualified candidates may apply online: www.centertech.com/employment.
Visit more job opportunities at The Lane Report.