LEXINGTON, Ky. — Tempur Sealy International, Inc. announced the closing of its previously announced deal to acquire Dreams, the leading specialty bed retailer in the United Kingdom.
The acquisition of Dreams is expected to nearly double Tempur Sealy’s sales through its international segment and to increase the Company’s annualized global sales through its direct channel to over $1 billion, or approximately 25 percent of sales on a trailing twelve-month basis.
Strategic Benefits of Combination
The acquisition of Dreams will
- Diversify Tempur Sealy’s global sales
- Broaden the Company’s brick and mortar and online retail sales capabilities
- Accelerate Tempur Sealy’s growth in the UK, one of the largest economies in the world
- Establish wholly-owned UK manufacturing and distribution assets
- Complement Tempur Sealy’s existing legacy Tempur operations and its recently-formed Sealy joint venture operations in the region
Click here for more Kentucky business news.