CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Fed engages with a diverse range of business, civic, and community leaders to collect information on current regional economic and business conditions. Advisory councils’ near-real time observations complement Bank research, enabling the Cleveland Fed to get a better picture of economic conditions in the Fourth District.
Business Advisory Councils
Business Advisory Council members are leaders from a cross-section of industries and community development, consumer, and labor organizations within eight of the Fourth District’s metro areas, including Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Pittsburgh, Erie, Pa.; Lexington, Ky., and Wheeling, W.Va. New members include:
- Michelle Billings, Realtor and Past President of Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors, Coldwell Banker Realty, Cincinnati
- Dave Herche, Chairman, HBH Holdings, Inc., Cincinnati
- Jeff Rowe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Q Laboratories, Cincinnati
- Leah Evans, President and CEO, Homeport, Columbus
- Joe Hayek, Chief Financial Officer, Worthington Industries, Columbus
- Mark Kirkendall, Vice President and Treasurer, M/I Homes, Inc., Columbus
- Katie Ward, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, P&R Communications, Sidney, Ohio
- Jon DeArment, President and Chief Operating Officer, ChannelLock, Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Eric Frankl, Executive Director, Blue Grass Airport, Lexington
- Ouita Michel, Owner, Ouita Michel Family of Restaurants, Midway, Kentucky
- Allen Waugerman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lexmark, Lexington
- Amber Simonic, Executive Director, Calgon Carbon, Pittsburgh
- Andrea Karkhanis, Director, Marketing Research, Visit Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
Community Advisory Council
The Community Advisory Council consists of experts and leaders who focus on economic development work and help to inform the Cleveland Fed about current and emerging social and economic trends impacting underserved and lower-income individuals and communities.
- Kim Frazier, Director of Growth Initiatives, Entrepreneurs’ Center, Dayton
- Terry Gore, Senior Director of Financial Services and FinTech, JobsOhio, Columbus
- Joyce P. Huang, Incoming Director of City Planning, City of Cleveland, Cleveland
- Lark Mallory, President and CEO, Affordable Housing Trust for Columbus and Franklin County, Columbus
- Robie Suggs, Chief Lending Officer, Cincinnati Development Fund, Cincinnati
Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council
Members of the Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council are leaders from commercial banks, thrifts and savings banks, and credit unions with assets of less than $10 billion.
- Chuck Sulerzyski, President and Chief Executive Officer, Peoples Bank, Marietta, Ohio, has been appointed as the council’s chair and will serve a second term
The following council members have also been appointed to a second term:
- Melissa Ashley, President and Chief Executive Officer, Corporate One Federal Credit Union, Columbus
- Bradley Murtiff, President and Chief Executive Officer, First Federal Community Bank of Bucyrus, Bucyrus, Ohio
The following individuals have been appointed to a first term on the council:
- Keith Borders, Vice President, Union Savings Bank and Guardian Savings Bank, Cincinnati
- Leisha Maynard, President and CEO, Citizens Bank of Kentucky, Paintsville, Kentucky
- Genevieve Oduor, Vice President, S&T Bank, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- Nichole Zesiger, President, The First National Bank of Dennison, Dennison, Ohio
Education Advisory Council
The Education Advisory Council assists the Bank’s Education and Museum Outreach department in assessing the effectiveness of its programming and setting strategy.
- Eric Gordon, Chief Executive Officer, Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland
Click here for more Kentucky business news.