WINCHESTER, Ky. — Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are winners of the 2022 Excellence in Economic Development award presented by the German American Chambers of Commerce.
The award recognizes the work of the electric cooperatives in promoting German-American business relations and supporting trade and investment between Germany and the United States.
“This award is especially gratifying because our electric cooperatives have focused on nurturing business ties with Germany to build trade and to bring jobs and investment to Kentucky,” said Brad Thomas, Manager of Economic Development for Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives. The award will be formally presented to the electric cooperatives at the Oct. 14 German American Business Awards in Chicago.
Recent events in Europe have highlighted opportunities to bring foreign investment to the Bluegrass State, especially rural communities.
“As energy prices skyrocket in Europe, there is growing interest among companies in expanding or relocating to regions of the U.S. that offer stable energy prices along with a trained workforce, dependable infrastructure and ready access to markets. Kentucky has all that and much more,” said Brittany Cox, Associate Economic Development Manager for Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives.
Kentucky’s close business relations to Germany is the theme of a conference next week for economic development professionals from around the Commonwealth. On Oct. 5, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives will host Co-opAPalooza in Frankfort for professionals and officials from around Kentucky who are engaged in economic development at the local, state and federal levels.
The event will provide an opportunity to network and learn how other rural communities in the U.S. are finding success attracting jobs and investment. It will also underscore the business ties between Kentucky and Germany.
“This year’s Co-opAPolalooza will have a German theme to highlight the opportunities for bringing foreign investment to rural communities to create new jobs and investment,” Thomas said. “And, of course, October is a great time to celebrate Co-opToberfest.”
Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives include 17 not-for-profit, member-owned electric cooperatives that serve more than 1.1 million Kentucky residents across 87 Kentucky counties.
• Big Sandy RECC, Paintsville, Ky.
• Blue Grass Energy, Nicholasville, Ky.
• Clark Energy Cooperative, Winchester, Ky.
• Cumberland Valley Electric, Gray, Ky.
• Farmers RECC, Glasgow, Ky.
• Fleming-Mason Energy, Flemingsburg, Ky.
• Grayson RECC, Grayson, Ky.
• Inter-County Energy Cooperative, Danville, Ky.
• Jackson Energy Cooperative, McKee, Ky.
• Licking Valley RECC, West Liberty, Ky.
• Nolin RECC, Elizabethtown, Ky.
• Owen Electric Cooperative, Owenton, Ky.
• Salt River Electric, Bardstown, Ky.
• Shelby Energy Cooperative, Shelbyville, Ky.
• South Kentucky RECC, Somerset Ky.
• Taylor County RECC, Campbellsville, Ky.
• East Kentucky Power Cooperative
Visit us at www.TogetherWeSaveKY.com and at www.DataIsPower.org
Click here for more Kentucky business news.