LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 5, 2018) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association, Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service and UK Human Resources Staff Career Development recently announced Central Kentucky Community Job Club’s 2018 summer schedule. The purpose of Job Club is to provide a positive environment for motivated job seekers to meet, connect, share and learn.
The free group is open to the public and meets 9-10:15 a.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Service office, located at 1140 Harry Sykes Way (formerly Red Mile Place, just off Red Mile Road), in Lexington. Business attire is encouraged. Convenient, free parking is available.
Job Club is for people motivated and currently out of work, underemployed or looking to make a career transition. In addition, recruiters and employers are always welcome and introduced to Job Club attendees.
For more information, call the UK Alumni Association at 859-257-8905, the Fayette Cooperative Extension Service office at 859-257-5582 or the UK Human Resources Staff Career Development Office at 859-257-9416. Additional information, including testimonials from former Job Club participants, can be viewed at www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Not sure what Job Club is all about? Read more here at uknow.uky.edu/campus-news/job-hunting-job-club-teaches-new-skills-needed-land-dream-job.
Job Club summer meeting schedule:
- June 12: “Resumes, the Essential Career Document” presented by Ray Clere, director, UK Stuckert Career Center
- June 26: “Build Your Brand and Set Yourself Up for Success with LinkedIn” presented by Ashley Gei and Mark Williams, career advisors, UK Stuckert Career Center
- July 10: “Interview Strategies from the Other Side of the Table” presented by Frank Patton, vice president, Foresters Financial Services
- July 24: “Motivated Skills Card Sort” presented by Caroline Francis, UK Alumni Career Services, and Diane Kohler, UK HR Staff Career Development
- Aug. 14: “Job Searching over 50, Challenges and Strategies” presented by Diane Kohler, UK HR Staff Career Development
- Aug. 28: “Job Search Tips” from a panel of HR professionals and recruiters
The UK Alumni Association is a membership-supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.