LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 25, 2018) — The Plantory has announced that Angela Balcor has officially resigned from her position as executive director of the Plantory, effective June 30, 2018.
Balcor has served The Plantory as executive director since 2012. She will be assuming the position of community education director at Lodgic Everyday Community, located in Champaign, Ill. Her most significant accomplishments over the past six years at The Plantory include:
• Growing membership to over 80 members.
• Moving the organization from its original 5,000-s.f. location to a 15,000 s.f. co-working center and incubator space at the Bread Box.
• Establishing an innovative city-wide VISTA network – the first of its kind for the Americorps VISTA Program.
• Relaunching the Get On Board Program, a successful board development program established by the United Way and transferred to The Plantory in 2017.
• Continuing growth of the Lauren K. Weinberg Humanitarian Awards program, a program that honors individuals and organizations that promote social justice in our community.
“It has been a joy and an honor to lead The Plantory,” Balcor said. “I am grateful for the many learning opportunities and experiences this job has provided. Although I have a mix of emotions as I move into the next chapter of my life, I am happy that I will be able to continue developing inclusive and innovative communities.”
The Board of Directors of The Plantory is transitioning the organization to a new co-director leadership model. Shannon Baker, the former assistant director has been appointed the organization’s new chief operations officer with applications for the chief development officer counterpart to be advertised shortly.
Board Chair Teddi Hibberd said, “We cannot thank Ms. Balcor enough for the dedication, passion, enthusiasm and motivation she has given The Plantory over the past six years. She will be greatly missed, but we look forward to continuing to collaborate by sharing education, experiences, and best practices.”