PADUCAH, Ky. – The American Quilter’s Society, the largest quilting membership organization in the world, has announced that 700 quilts will be on display at AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah. AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah will be held at the Schroeder Expo & Carroll Convention Center, Sept. 12–15.
The AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah exhibits include:
- The Log Cabins of Donald Judd – LUKE Haynes
- Tula in Stiches – by Tula Pink, sponsored by Sew Many Creations
- AQS Fall Paducah Contest Quilts
- The Van Gogh Cherrywood Challenge – The Dutch Gallery, sponsored by Innova
- Journey of a Longarm Pioneer: Marilyn Badger, sponsored by APQS
- Taiwan Art Quilt Society
- World Fairy Tale Quilts, sponsored by Flynn Quilt Frame Company
- Fresh Faces, New Ideas Quilt Challenge, sponsored by PAAQT
- Bourbon in the Bluegrass: The Bourbon Diamond Quilts of MJ Kinman, sponsored by Pellon / I Sew Desire Quilts
- The Best of QuiltCon 2018, sponsored by Sew Many Creations
- SAQA: Passages
- AQS iquilt and Author Showcase
The AQS Quilt Contest at the fall AQS QuiltWeek in Paducah features a public voting feature and a Best of Show award of $20,000. More than $121,000 in total cash awards will be determined at the event. A panel of three professional quilt judges will select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention winners in each of the 15 categories. The top seven winners will be determined by popular vote.
The public will have 24 hours to vote. The voting will begin at noon (CT) on Monday, Sept. 10 and will end at noon on Tuesday, Sept. 11. Anyone with an email address can cast one vote – use your Smartphone, iPad, or home computer to vote online.
The winners in the AQS Quilt Contest will be honored at the AQS Winners’ Showcase with Melinda Bula at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at Walker Hall Events Center, 229 Madison Street, Paducah, Ky. 42001. The top seven quilts will be on display from when the show opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 12-15.
In addition to the hundreds of beautiful quilts on display, AQS QuiltWeek will be hosting a series of workshops with some of the top talents in the quilt industry, as well as an extensive Merchant Mall comprised of local, national, and international vendors.
Paducah rolls out the red carpet for thousands of quilters during AQS QuiltWeek. Between the well-known Paducah Ambassadors, residents opening their homes to quilters, and restaurants offering special options, visitors experience the hospitality that makes Paducah famous among quilters.
Admission to AQS QuiltWeek includes access to all special exhibits and the Merchant Mall with thousands of quilting items for sale. Hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and 9 a.m.-4 p.m Saturday. Tickets and additional information can be found at quiltweek.com or by calling 1-270-898-7903. This event is open to the public.