The awards program is designed to honor young professionals who are involved in career and philanthropic endeavors. LYPA accepts nominations from community members, and honorees are selected by a diverse panel of community business leaders.
This year’s honorees are:
– Ellie Clark, co-founder of Project SEE Theatre
– Rock Daniels, realtor with Weesner Properties
– Maggie Mick, director of development at The Council on State Governments
– Carrie Patterson, vice president of Carpet One
– Patrick Robinson, manager of advancement at Kentucky Community and Technical College System
– Fielding Rogers, president of Ale-8 One Bottling Co.
– Seth Salomon, wealth consultant at Salomon & Co.
– Fausto Sarmiento, senior management consultant at the Bluegrass Small Business Development Center
– Dr. Ryan Stanton, medical director at UK Good Samaritan ER
– Jana Smoot White, litigation associate at Fowler Bell PLLC
Guest speaker for the event was Diane Banasiak, a Lexington business owner, life coach, motivational speaker and philosophy instructor at Eastern Kentucky University. The program was emceed by WTVQ news anchor Lauren Gawthrop.
The Lexington Young Professionals Association was formed in 2000 by eight young professionals who wanted to place an emphasis on personal, civic and professional development for people between the ages of 21 to 40. Its goals are to improve networking opportunities; retain young talent in Lexington; establish an economic voice for Lexington’s young professionals; create a more diversified base of social activities; and provide philanthropic opportunities for members.
To learn about LYPA membership and events, visit lypa.org.