FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky university boards:
Scott Brinkman, John Chilton and Randall J. Bufford have been appointed as members of the University of Louisville Board of Trustees.
- Scott Brinkman, of Louisville, currently serves as the Secretary of the Governor’s Executive Cabinet, overseeing the Commonwealth’s Cabinets and implementing Gov. Bevin’s policies and programs.Before his appointment in 2015, Brinkman represented the 32nd legislative district in eastern Jefferson County in the Kentucky House of Representatives from 2001 to 2010, where he served on the Appropriations and Revenue, Health and Welfare, and Local Government committees.Brinkman also practiced law in Louisville for 35 years, most recently with the firm of Stoll Keenon Ogden PLLC, specializing in corporate, real estate and public finance law during his legal career. Additionally, he currently serves on the Board of the Waterfront Development Corporation, and has previously served as the Chair of the Kentucky Commission on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Brinkman is a 1977 graduate of the University of Notre Dame and a 1980 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He and his wife Donna reside in Louisville. They have three children.
- John Chilton, of Louisville, currently serves as the state budget director for the Commonwealth of Kentucky.With more than 40 years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), he has served both large and small private businesses. He is the co-founder of Mountjoy Chilton Medley LLP, where his focus was primarily on domestic and international income and other taxes, business valuation, business acquisition, disposition and reorganization. He has also served as an advisor and expert witness in client legal matters.Chilton graduated from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting with a concentration in Management Science. He and his wife Jane reside in Louisville. They have one son.
- Randall J. Bufford, of Louisville, is the founder and president of Trilogy Health Services, LLC.Bufford has more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry, with a particular emphasis on services for the elderly. Since 1996, Bufford has been involved with the operation, development and acquisition of over 250 healthcare facilities and related businesses.Prior to founding Trilogy, Bufford served as Executive Vice President for Centennial HealthCare Corporation, where he was responsible for the company’s business development and oversaw operations of its ancillary service companies.
Additionally, Bufford has served on the boards of UofL’s Nursing and Business Schools, and he is a member of the Louisville Council of CEOs.
Bufford is a 1981 graduate of the University of Louisville with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce. He was inducted into the UL College of Business Entrepreneurship Circle of Fame in 2015, and in 2016 was awarded as an UL Alumni Fellow – Business.
- IT’S FREE | Sign up for The Lane Report email business newsletter. Receive breaking Kentucky business news and updates daily. Click here to sign up
Bryan Sunderland has been appointed as a member of the University of Kentucky Board of Trustees.
- Bryan Sunderland, of Louisville, currently serves as Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy and Legislation for Gov. Bevin.Sunderland has 20 years of experience in public policy and advocacy at the highest levels in Kentucky business and government. Prior to his public service in the Executive Branch, he led the public affairs efforts of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Commonwealth’s largest business organization and a staunch advocate for education.For more than a decade, Sunderland led a staff of government affairs and communications professionals and managed an annual budget of more than $1 million. He has spent the majority of his career engaged in public policy at the intersection of education, business and government.
Sunderland is a 2002 graduate of the University of Kentucky and earned his MBA from the University of Southern Indiana. He and his wife Lourdes reside in Louisville.
Sheldon McKinney has been appointed as a member of the Western Kentucky University Board of Regents.
- Sheldon McKinney, of Fleming County, is the Executive Director of the Kentucky FFA Foundation.After completing undergraduate work at Western Kentucky University, Sheldon went on to receive of Masters of Science degree in Agriculture and Youth & Non-Profit Leadership from Murray State University.She and her husband, Bradley, reside on a farm in Fleming County, with their two sons.