By Jacqueline Pitts, The Bottom Line
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov.-elect Andy Beshear announced significant executive staff and cabinet appointments on Friday afternoon:
- Office of the Governor, Chief of Staff — La Tasha Buckner
- Finance and Administration Cabinet Secretary — Holly McCoy-Johnson
- Tourism, Arts, and Heritage Secretary — Mike Berry
- State Budget Director — John Hicks
- Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Chief of Staff — Susan Rieber
- Office of the Governor, Director of Legislative Services — Dorsey Ridley
- Finance and Administration Cabinet, Department of Revenue Commissioner — Tom Miller
La Tasha Buckner was announced earlier in the week as Beshear’s General Counsel and will serve in an additional capacity as chief of staff. Buckner previously served in the Civil Branch of the Attorney General’s Office under Beshear.
Holly McCoy Johnson previously served as Beshear’s administrative services director in the Office of the Attorney General.
Mike Berry served as the president and CEO of the Kentucky Derby Festival in Louisville for more than 20 years.
John Hicks was previously Kentucky’s deputy state budget director for a decade and held a variety of jobs dealing with state budgeting for over 32 years. He left his post as deputy state budget director in 2016 to take a position with the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO) in Washington.
Susan Rieber served as director of scheduling and special projects for the Attorney General’s Office under Beshear. She also served as chief of staff to First Lady Jane Beshear.
Dorsey Ridley is a former state senator from Henderson, Ky., who served in the legislature from 2004-2018.
Tom Miller returns to the post of Department of Revenue commissioner after previously serving in the same role under former Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear.