LEXINGTON, Ky. — The safety and security of Central Bank Center (CBC) and Rupp Arena patrons, employees, clients, and visitors remain the facility’s highest priority as it works in coordination with state and local health officials to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
According to Bill Owen, Lexington Center Corporation CEO & president, “Cancellation of an event decision rests with the promoter/presenter of the event who has a license agreement to hold the event. We are in discussion with all clients on a constant basis and prepared to respond to community health officials as we take steps to contain or mitigate spread of virus.”
Owen continued, “Cleanliness has always been important to management team at Central Bank Center. In response to the increased concerns, we have stepped up the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public and backstage areas beyond the standard daily schedule. We have also added alcohol-based sanitizer dispensers for public use in the lobby of every venue in the CBC complex.”
For all Central Bank Center patrons are asked to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
Upcoming events at Rupp Arena, Central Bank Center and the Lexington Opera House will proceed as scheduled unless cancelled by the promoter. For more information visit www.centralbankcenter.com.