LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The University of Louisville and UofL Health have announced significant leadership appointments.
Dr. Toni Ganzel, dean of the UofL School of Medicine, has received an additional appointment as vice president for academic medical affairs. Reporting to President Neeli Bendapudi and Provost Beth A. Boehm, Ganzel will oversee research activity at the Health Sciences Center, including the centers and institutes. In addition, she will oversee areas including diversity and inclusion, faculty development and student health.
She will work closely with UofL Health CEO Tom Miller to ensure successful teaching and research at the recently expanded UofL Health network.
“Dr. Ganzel has done an excellent job as dean of the School of Medicine,” said Bendapudi. “I value her expertise and her leadership and look forward to continuing to work with her in this new role. She and Tom Miller are a great team to lead medical education, research and care in our community.”
Bendapudi and Ganzel will join nine other individuals from a variety of disciplines on the newly formed UofL Health Board of Directors. The other board members from the university are:
- Kelly McMasters, chair, Department of Surgery
- Diane Medley, member, UofL Board of Trustees
- Fred Williams, physician, UofL Health
Community members include:
- Pat Mulloy, of counsel, Wyatt, Tarrant and Combs
- Ben Breier, CEO, Kindred Healthcare
- Heidi Margulis, retired chief corporate affairs officer, Humana
- Junior Bridgeman, CEO, Bridgeman Hospitality
- William Ballard, attorney and former health care executive
- T. Richard Riney, former executive vice president, CAO of Ventas
“These board members understand the complexities of today’s health care climate and will deliver a vision for the future,” Bendapudi said. “The foundation for UofL Health is strong. This board, along with the continued support of our elected officials in Frankfort, ensures our ability to deliver excellence, innovation and compassionate care for all in the commonwealth.”